Our beautiful Fall season is here!
Cooler temperatures in late September allows the leaves on the trees to begin their transformation to stunning shades of orange, red, and yellow.
It is also that time of year to prepare your home for the upcoming winter.
Below are some helpful Fall Plumbing Tips:
* Disconnect outside water hoses. If left connected, water in the hoses can freeze and expand causing hose taps and connecting pipes inside your home to freeze and break.
* Make sure outside hose taps aren’t dripping or leaking.
* Underground Sprinkler systems need to have all the water blown out of them before winter freeze-up.
* Winterizing your pool will protect your equipment from ice damage, keep your water clean, and will help save you time and money when opening your pool in the spring.
* Insulate pipes in unheated areas, such as garages or crawl spaces.
* Clear leaves and debris from outside downspouts to ensure easy drainage when water freezes and thaws throughout the winter season.
* When leaving home for extended periods, shut off the Main water valve and drain the system by "opening" all faucets. Make sure the heat is left on and set no lower than 12 degrees C or 55 degrees F.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Canada's Pro Plumbing at 905-935-0100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.